Thursday, July 15, 2010

Doomsday on the Broadway Local: Day 18

I feel that I may have hit a spate of "express" train shenanigans. When I got on my train this morning (a new N train! They've returned to us!) I thought everything was fine. I was quickly corrected, immediately upon arriving at the next station, in fact. At 30th Ave they piled in like there hadn't been a train in half an hour. Same at Broadway, and even same at 36th Ave. Now, people who ride this line will know what I'm talking about when I say that when people are waiting at 39th Ave, shit is serious. And there were, like, several of them. Yeah.

So basically, my theory goes that I was right behind an express. If there really hadn't been a train in forever, then my stop would have been jam packed too. My stop is well populated in and of itself, not to mention the waves we get from deeper in Queens off of the M60. But my stop was just fine. There was indeed still a crowd at QBP, but that doesn't take long to accumulate - just one or two 7 trains can do it.

So is what we do now? Express trains all the live long day? We shall see I suppose...

No comments: